The major 4 steps for building a sports lighting system
Check and confirm the sports court dimension, layout, and lighting standard.
Discuss and confirm the lighting system after our design. All materials and cost will be listed.
Sign and pay the contract. Goods are arranged by logistics after production as agreed.
Install and test, finish.
The major 4 subsystems of the sports lighting system
1. The lighting standard
Our team will assist you to choose a suitable lighting standard if you not sure how to make the choice. Lighting standard is the beginning of the rest of work.
2. Lamps and layout
Lamp’s specification, quantity, layout and the poles height and layout if poles are needed, those are the core information of sports lighting system.
3. Power supply and control
One of the most important subsystems. A suitable and stable power supply and control system keeps you hassle free.
4. Installation and test
Installation and test guidance will be provided to ensure your work done smoothly.
1. CLASSIFICATION AND STANDARD
China Classification of Sports Lighting
Tennis Lighting Standard
2. LAMPLS, LAYOUT, AND ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT
In order to get the appropriate horizontal illuminance on the ground (average level and uniformity) and a sufficient illuminance level to reveal the ball in flight within the playing volume above the court, while ensuring that players do not suffer from disability glare, positioning and height of luminaires should be carefully considered as well as the choice of luminaire.
It is recommended to use sharp cut off luminaires, with accurate light output control, mounted on columns; for a single court, mounting height between 8 and 12 m is generally appropriate to achieve the above conditions.
Columns are set up on either side of the TPA, using two to four column positions on both longitudinal sides, depending on the required quality of the lighting system.
Two or three adjacent courts can also be lit without installing columns between the courts, for courts can share the same columns to support the light fittings. Columns should be positioned so that participants are unlikely to collide with them.As a rule, the mounting height must be defined in relation to the lighting requirements and the column locations.
Note: As underground wiring is recommended for lighting columns, it may be necessary to incorporate the containment for the wiring system during the construction of the tennis court, particularly if columns are required between courts located near the net posts.
Light pollution and unwanted light trespass fall into two categories: spill illumination, which is light leaving the perimeter of the stadium that is measurable; and glare, which is excessive brightness in the normal field of view for pedestrians and motorists outside the stadium. This impact on local communities is critical to the safety, dark sky experience and well-being of the countries and cities they serve. Every effort needs to be made to limit both spill and glare inside and outside the stadium. In the absence of local guidelines, the following schedule should be considered:
25 lux horizontal 40 lux max vertical
10 lux horizontal 20 lux max vertical
3. LIGHTING ENERGY CONSERVATION
- Decentralized approach should be applied for the reactive power compensation of gas discharge sources. After compensation, the power factor of fluorescent lamp shall not be less than 0.9. 0.85 for high discharge lamp and 0.9 for LED
- LED lamps with automatic control based on occupancy sensor should be used in corridors, staircases, toilets, and underground garage.
- LED lamps with suitable color temperature and anti-glare design should be used in training venues.
- Lighting control mode shall be set reasonably according to their different functions.
- The utilization of field lighting shall be improved and the spill light from field lighting shall be controlled.
- When conditions are permitted, the natural light shall be efficiently used. Meanwhile, measures shall be taken to reduce or avoid the high luminance and shadow caused by natural light, which will cause a sharp contrast to the competition areas.
4 . LIGHTING POWER DISTRIBUTION AND CONTROL
Two utility services are designed and installed.
– both fully sized.
– only one is used at a time. The loss of in-use mains would result in a time delay in closing the alternate source.
Two utility services are designed and installed and both are used.
– loss of either one gives only partial outage until tie is closed.
Lighting Power Distribution
- The lighting for competition area with lighting class of Ⅳ for above shall be designed with dual power supply simultaneously and each power source shall load 50% of the lighting luminaire respectively. During the major competitions, the generator should provide 50% of the site lighting power, and the another 50% should be provided by main power supply.
- The lighting only used during the competition should be powered with separate transformer.
- When the voltage deviation or fluctuation cannot guarantee the quality of lighting or the service life of light source, the automatic on-load voltage regulating transformer, regulator or exclusive transformer may be applied when conditions of economy and technology are reasonable.
- The termina l voltage of lighting luminaires for competition area shall be in accordance with the following requirements.
It should not be greater than 105% of rated voltage and not be less than 95% of rated voltage.
The difference between the nearest and furthest lighting termina l voltage of the same power supply line from lighting control room should not be greater than 2%.
The terminal voltage of luminaires for emergency lighting should not be less than 95% of rated voltage.
- Where TV emergency lighting is used simultaneously as one part of the normal lighting, power distribution and control switches shall be installed separately.
- In branch circuits of competition area lighting with class of IV or above, the three-phase low-voltage circuit breaker shall not be applied to protect three single-phase branch circuits.
- To ensure the regular start of gas discharge lamp, the length of the cable between ignitor and light source shall not be greater than the allowable value of this product.
- Lighting power distribution system should take the following steps to reduce the stroboscopic effect.
When lighting with three-phase power supply, luminaires reach any point of the field should be supplied from all three phases.
When using Super Slow-motion camera, DC power supply system of LED should have less than 12 % of ripple ratio.
- The lighting for competition area with lighting class of IV or above shall be designed with centralized control system. The lighting for competition area with class III should be designed with centralized control system.
- The centralized control system shall preset a variety of lighting switch mode, include. sports match, training, fitness, maintenance. And it shall be in accordance with the following requirements.
It shall be able to conduct grouping control to all luminaires of the competition area, and display the working status of luminaires.
It shall be able to display the working status of the main power supply and standby power supply.
It shall send out sound-light alarm signals when the power distribution system or control system failed.
Direct manual control shall be set.
- The centralized control system with class of IV or above shall meet the requirements of item above and be in accordance with the following requirements.
All luminaires for field lighting should be controlled separately.
The LED lighting system should have the function of dimming control.
It should display the electrical parameters of the branch circuits.
It should display the working status of all the lighting luminaires of the competition area.
Lighting Control system for high-intensity discharge source without hot-restrike device or uninterrupted power supply should have the function of preventing short time restrike.
It should have the running time statistics of lighting equipment.
- When using daylighting in the competition area, the grouping scheme of control circuits shall be coordinated with the daylighting.
- The centralized control system shall be positioned in the dedicated control room from which the competition area and roster 山n are able to be observed directly.
- The lighting control system shall determine the network structure of the control system according to the scale and demand of competition area, and apply open communication protocol. The working status may be collected and controlled through the equipment integrated management system. And the system shall have the function of cutting off overstep control.
5 . INSTALLATION AND TEST
Installation guidance will be provided to ensure your work done smoothly and excellent.
- The lighting measurement of sports venues shall meet the requirements of use functions.
- Measuring equipment (illuminance meter, spectroradiometer and power meter, etc.) within their respective validity period of verification shall be applied.
- The measuring conditions shall be in accordance with the following requirements:
The measurement shall be carried out when the weather conditions of outdoor have no effect on result.
The measurement shall be carried out when the sports venues meet the service conditions.
The correspondent lighting luminaires shall be lightened and stabilized for 30 minutes. after which the measurement shall be carried out.
The voltage of power supply shall be kept stable, the deviation between the voltage at the input terminal of luminaire and the rated voltage should not be greater than 5%.
During the measurement, the shielding by personnel and the influence of reflective light shall be avoided.
- The measurement items shall include illuminance, glare, on-site color rendering index, color temperature and lighting power density.